The Action Row is the term VoiceOverEasy.net uses to describe a row which is displayed by many applications just below the Status Bar. Most Action Rows contain one or more of the following items:
- A "Back" or "Cancel" button usually in the leftmost position.
- A Heading that states the name of the screen being displayed within the application.
- A "Done" or "Save" button usually in the rightmost position to save changes you make.
Sometimes other buttons can be found in the Action Row. For example, "Next Message," "Previous Message," and "Send" are shown in Mail. "All" and "Missed" are displayed in Phone. "Year", "Month," and "Day" are displayed in the Calendar app to control the Calendar View.
Split Action Rows.
Sometimes on devices with small displays the Action Row can be split with part of it appearing at the top of the display, and the remainder at the bottom. One common example of this occurs when an email message is read. The Back button and the Previous/Next message buttons are on the top row. But the Action Row continues at the bottom of the screen with the Mark Message, Move, Delete, Reply, and Compose buttons completing the Action Row.
- Unit 1: Working with Apps, Section 6.1.
- Unit 2: Creating and Managing Contacts, Section 5.8.
- Unit 4, The Mailbox Screen, Section 4.
- Unit 4, Reading Mail, Section 6.1.
- Unit 4, Composing Mail, Section3.1.
- Unit 4, Text Messaging, Section 3.