The Calendar App displays dates and events in several different layouts called "Time Views" by VoiceOverEasy.net. Time Views can be displayed only one at a time. They are vertically centered in the display, and take up the majority of the available display area for the Calendar Application. The Calendar App will remember which Time View you were using when the app was exited, and return to that view the next time it is started. The Time Views are:
- Year View: This is a grid displaying the months of a year. The grid is 4 rows deep by three columns wide.
- Month View: This is a grid that has 7 columns, one for each day of the week, and from 5 to 7 rows depending on whether or not the month beig viewed starts or ends in the middle of the week.
- Week View: This is another grid. There are seven columns, one for each day of the week, and 26 rows. The first row is a header row containing the days of the week. The second row contains any all day events, if any, that are happening during the week being viewed. The next 24 rows are for each hour of the day.
- Day View: This view is similar to Week View, except that it has only one column. The column is wider, so more ofthe event description is visible on the display.
- Event List View: This view displays a list of the events on your calendar. If a day has no events, then it is skipped.