The Typing predictor appears at the bottom of some text fields when they are activated for editing. It tries to predict the word to be type next, or to complete the word being typed. If it predicts the correct word, the Activategesture can be used on the prediction to fill in the word rather than typing it out one character at a time.
If the Typing Predictor gets in the way, it can be temporarily hidden using these steps.
- Make one of the predictions the Current Item. The Rotor will switch to the Actions function.
- Use the Set Mode gesture to set the mode to "Hide Predictions."
- Use an Activate gesture to hide the Predictor. The Typing Predictor will shrink down to a thin line above the typing keyboard.
- To display the Typing Predictor again make it the Current Item and use an Activate gesture.
The Typing Predictor can be permanently hidden using these steps:
- Activate the Settings App.
- Select "General" from the main Settings menu.
- Select Keyboards.
- Use the "Typing Predictor" button to toggle the Typing Predictor to "Off".