When the iOS Device is held in portrait orientation, the wake/sleep button will be near the upper right corner. This button has several functions:
- Power your iOS Device on or off by holding the button down for three to five seconds.
- click the button to manually put your iOS Device to sleep. This is also known as locking your iOS Device.
- click the button when the iOS Device is sleeping, or locked, to bring up the Unlock option. This is also known as "Waking up your iOS Device."
- When your iOS Device is receiving an incoming call, press the button twice quickly to send the caller immediately to Email.
- When your iOS Device is receiving an incoming call, press the Wake/Sleep button once to silence the ringer, this gives you time to answer the call without the ringer bothering everyone or covering up what Voiceover has to say.